LAWYEROCRACY ON TRIAL …
This unprecedented and history making trial starts at 10.00 am on Monday 21 May 2012 and will be held at 55 King Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
This hearing (sub-named Michael McGarvie – Legal Services Commissioner v Harold James Johnson) will be the biggest Australian whistleblowing, corruption exposing, media event of 2012.
48 yo Melbourne-born journalist, whistleblower, political activist & human rights lawyer@JamesJohnsonCHR will lead a Victorian Government Tribunal (and an A-List Roll Call of some of the very good, many of the very bad, and lots of the very ugly of Australia’s ruling legal elite) through a thorough investigation into the absence of professional standards in the Australian legal profession. The investigations will include the broad intersection of the legal profession with the upper benches of all three branches of State and Federal Government in Australia (benches that these days look like little more than an exclusive lawyers club).
A “who’s-who” of many of Australia’s most powerful lawyers, including current and past State and Federal parliamentarians, ministers, judges, bureaucrats and barristers have been summoned to attend for questioning by the Tribunal. [names and details published here.]
This is an open invitation to the media and to the public to attend the hearings. Come and, look, listen, laugh and learn as leading Australian lawyers, lawmakers, governmen and governwomen (the Australian lawyerocracy elite) are put on trial and compelled to answer questions that they have been avoiding, for generations.
FOR ALL MEDIA ENQUIRIES – send an EMAIL to:21May12@jamesjohnson2020.com .
A Quick Introduction to Lawyerocracy on Trial
This must rank as one of the more singularly stupid examples of unelected government officialdom gone wrong, misusing public monies and regulatory powers to pursue a political agenda of silencing a truth-teller and a whistleblower.
Mr Michael McGarvie, the privileged younger son of former Governor of Victoria, Richard McGarvie, and himself the former Chief Executive Officer of the Supreme Court of Victoria and the current, bicephalous Victorian Legal Services Commissioner and Chief Executive of the Legal Services Board is doing his utmost to become the first Victorian government official to be jailed (for up to 2 years) for criminal reprisals against a whistleblower – in violation of section 18 of the the still untested VictorianWhistleblower Protection Act 2001).
James Johnson is highly regarded for his “very high” intelligence, and his “impressive” natural abilities as lawyer, economist, journalist, playwright, filmmaker and raconteur.James is a whistleblower on government and lawyer corruption, a constitutional human rights solictor and barrister of more than twenty-years good standing, including many professional and corporate appointments, including 3 years as Chairman of the Law Institute of Victoria’s GST Taskforce and 5 years as a monthly columnist for the prestigious Victorian Law Institute Journal.
Mr Michael McGarvie and his team of more than a dozen of his staff are illegally harrassing Mr Johnson for a 3rd time, trampling on the most fundamental of human rights, by pursuing yet again the same set of malicious, criminally defamatory, false claims of professional misconduct that were levied against Mr Johnson over 3years ago, and investigated and dismissed by his office and delegates 2¾ times previously.
Ironically (and damningly) at the same time Mr McGarvie and his team are refusing to comply with two sets of Supreme Court rulings (obtained by Mr Johnson in late 2008 and again in 2009) where the Supreme Court confirmed (contrary to the wishes of Mr McGarvie’s Office, and the wishes of his disgraced predecessor Ms Victoria Marles) that his Office was legally obliged to investigate Mr Johnson’s whistleblowing reports on the criminal behaviours of his false accusers.
- Small wonder that shortly after her regulatory scheme was scrapped by the Bracks-Brumby-Hulls Labor Administration in what was seen as a blatant political act taken in order “to keep the lawyers happy”, the former Kennett-Stockdale appointed independent and consumer orientated Victorian Legal Ombudsman, Kate Hamond, roundly condemned the lack of support for her and her office by publicly protesting the large numbers of “dumb and evil, … almost sociopathic” lawyers on the prowl in Victoria as at 2005. These are the “frequent flyers” as the two-decades long-standing New South Wales Legal Services Commissioner Steve Marks calls these large number of, typically suburban family lawyers, whom he too refuses to investigate or prosecute.
- Small wonder that in a damning 2009 Annual Report to the Victorian Parliament on the disgraceful lack of standards within the Legal Services Commissioner, Victoria’s State Government Ombudsman George Brouwer reported of a lawyer-captured regulator which all but carrys on a protection racket for incompetent, crooked and corrupt lawyers, getting away with it by keeping up the appearance (and perhaps the reality) of being one of worst, most dysfunctional regulatory bodies in the history of industrial regulation anywhere.
- Small wonder that in recent years Federal Attorney-Generals and State Attorney-Generals have warned of the general absence of professional ethics and standards in the legal profession “Lawyers let you down” while retired Judges have warned of too many “Barristers not up to the job”
- Small wonder that public, lawyer and international criticisms of Australia’s shocking and scandalous Judge made laws of 2005, whereby Australia’s 6 highest ranking lawyers, (The High Court of Australia, by a majority of 6:1 – Justice Michael Kirby fearlessly dissenting) created legal privileges unheard of anywhere else in the world, to the effect that Australia’s (litigation) lawyers are the only Australians and the only lawyers in the world who can commit workplace (court room) negligence “and worse”, and on a horrific scale, without being legally liable to compensate their victims: see http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/cth/HCA/2005/12.html (And see also the ‘deeply troubling’ http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/vic/VSC/2012/87.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=goddard%20elliot reported in http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/ancient-law-lets-negligent-firm-dodge-975k-payment/story-fn7x8me2-1226299278377
It seems that:
- in blatant contravention of UN and international human rights laws and declarations, far older and ancient English laws of human rights going back to 1215 and 1689 (Royal British laws recognised in the United States and even in places like Guantanamo Bay, but not in Australia),
- in violation of the Australian Constitution, and concepts of justice, democracy and
- in violation of the rule of law
Australia’s elite twenty-first century lawyers (3 of whom remain amongst our current 7 High Court of Australia judges) have abolished or treated with ignorance and contempt (over Justice Michael Kirby’s most powerful dissent) centuries of constitutional human rights to equality under the law. They have done this, in order to create this unique Australian paradise where Australian litigation lawyers are not only “more equal than other” Australians, but are elevated to a privileged status above and beyond the law. Why? And how can this be legitimate?
Come along to the Lawyerocracy on Trial on 21 May 2012, 55 King Street Melbourne:
- To find out if the High Court, and corrupted legal regulatory ‘god fathers’ like Michael McGarvie, Victoria Marles and Steve Marks have all but abolished professional standards for lawyers.
- And to find out if they can use their regulatory powers and run a protection racket protecting bad lawyers from investigation, and even from public criticism.
- And to find out if they can get away with taking their protection racket to a new level by defying Whistleblower Protection legislation and Supreme Court rulings, abusing their government powers and public funding to engage in serial reprisals to silence whistleblowers such as James Johnson (all the while not going after so many other whistleblowers such as former legal regulator Kate Hammond, or former Attorney-Generals or former Supreme Court and High Court Judges, and all the while defying Supreme Court of Victoria orders by actively covering-up and refusing to even investigate open and shut cases of criminality and corruption against James Johnson’s false accusers).
… TO BE CONTINUED …
Independent Federal Candidate for Lalor
Constitutional Human Rights Advocate
Solicitor and Barrister of the High Court of Australia
(Celebrating 20 Years of Legal Practice 1990 – 2010)